2019 BOARD MEETING AND HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDAS
NEW BUSINESS DOCUMENTS (Not in order of agenda)
*Agendas and documents are subject to change.
If you enjoy customer service, are detail oriented, can multi task, and enjoy working with numbers, WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
The treasurer’s office is seeking a part-time employee to perform a wide range of administrative duties. This individual will assist in the efficient daily operations of the Treasurer’s office, including tax collection, account balancing, receipting, and transfers.
Knowledge of property tax, cash collection procedures, BSA Tax, Windows 7, Word, and Excel would be helpful.
Please send a cover letter and resume with relevant work history to:
Brandon Township Treasurer’s Office
PO BOX 929
Ortonville, MI 48462
All submissions must be received by the Treasurer’s Office by the close of business June 10th 2019
Brandon Township is an equal opportunity employer
CURRENT ORDINANCE REVISIONS
FULL ORDINANCES ARE AVAILABLE AT TOWNSHIP CLERKS OFFICE
- Chapter 28, Article VII, Sectioin 28-342 Prohibited Activities Involving Marihuana by Persons Under 21 (Effective May 13, 2019)
- Chapter 28, Article III, Section 28-52 Stalking and Harassment; Misdemeanor (Effective April 9, 2019)
- Chapter 28, Article VIII, Section 28-491 Tobacco and Vapor Products (Effective 9, 2019)
2019 BRANDON TOWNSHIP OPERATING BUDGETS & APPROPRIATIONS
Brandon Township Community park expansion bid - Request for Proposals
2020 CENSUS JOBS
The United States Census Bureau is recruiting assistants. If you would like to be part of the 2020 census team go to 2020census.gov/jobs or call 1-855-job-2020.
DO YOU HAVE INVASIVE PLANTS IN YOUR YARD?
Brandon Township is a member of the Oakland County Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area. The OC CISMA received grant funding in 2015 to treat Phragmites, swallow wort and knotweed on public and private property. Grant funding in 2018 was used primarily for a CISMA coordinator and mapping invasive plants throughout Oakland County. Phragmites are prevalent in Brandon Township. Please see the flyer on Small Scale Phragmites Control for more information Front | Back.
Asian Bittersweet is another invasive plant found in Brandon Township. Information on identification and treatment of Asian (Oriental) Bittersweet can be found on the Asian Bittersweet brochure. Click here for more information
There will be an Invasive Species Summit on March 23, 2019 hosted by the Oakland County CISMA. Please see the summit flyer for more information.
Brandon Township’s Assessing Department is conducting a review of the assessment data. The process begins by reviewing aerial photography, property photos and assessment records. In order to maintain accuracy, the next step in the process is an on-site property visit. During the visit, the assessing department will announce their presence, take photographs, update sketches and spot check measurements if needed. No attempt will be made to enter your residence.
BRANDON TOWNSHIP FOIA POLICY
ASSISTANCE RESOURCE LIST
- Contact information for agencies offering help to those in need can be found here.
- Assistance for farming operation improvements is available through the Natural Resources Conservation Service; Please Please contact Patrick Costello, Oakland Conservation District for more information, (248) 922-7822.
Why are our ROADS not maintained like they used to be? Refer to: A Guide to Michigan's Road & Road Funding Crisis
WORRIED ABOUT LOSING YOUR HOME?
Southeast Michigan Regional FINSC may be able to help, call 1-800-522-1183
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT CENTER – Oakland County is offering free and confidential financial counseling. For an appointment call (248) 858-0624.
The Michigan State Dog law was passed in 1919 to ensure that all dogs have current rabies vaccinations. Oakland County Animal Control conducts a census each summer to make sure dogs residing in our community are compliant. Dog tags purchased after June 1st are considered delinquent. Please refer to the Treasurer's page for more information on purchasing dog licenses for your pet.
2019 CLEAN-UP AND RECYCLING
The 2019 Clean-Up Days for Brandon Township Residents will be scheduled soon. The collections will take place in the Brandon Township Community Park parking lot located at 1414 North Hadley Road just north of Oakwood Road. Please call for an appointment prior to the event. Residents may also take recyclable items (wood, metal, cement) to the CMI Drive location in Groveland Township after April 1st. They are open Monday thru Friday and on Saturdays in the summer months. All collections are fee free and require an appointment. Appointments can be made by calling the Brandon Township Supervisor’s office at (248) 627-4918. For a complete list of acceptable items click HERE.
HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL
- View Suggestions
- NOHAZ - Brandon Township is participating in the 2019 Oakland County NOHAZ program this year. Residents can attend the collection events for $10.00/load. A complete list of collection dates, acceptable materials and event registration form can be found on the NOHAZ Brochure.
- OTV has MOVED from channel 99 to channel 189
- What is OTV?
- If you are looking for the latest viewing on OTV Channel 189, then consider ortonvilletelevision.com for a live internet stream of the local broadcast or check out the newest videos from sports, government and community celebration in the OTV archive section of the website.
- For a complete listing of programs....make it OTV now on ortonvilletelevision.com
Please direct citizen's questions and comments about OTV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oak Wilt infection rates are increasing at alarming rates. To prevent Oak Wilt do not prune Oak Trees during the warmer months of the year. For more information on Oak Wilt and its prevention visit http://www.michiganoakwilt.org/
EMERALD ASH BORER
For more information on the Emerald Ash Borer and what homeowners can do with dying ash trees visit: http://www.emeraldashborer.info/.