Greetings From Your Township Officials
Welcome to the web site for the Charter Township of Brandon. Our intent is to communicate important information about Brandon Township to our residents and to anyone else who might have an interest in our community. You will find information about the services provided by each Township Department, meeting information and minutes, office hours, and how you reach each elected official and department head. We have tried to make this web site as user friendly as possible. Again, we welcome you to Brandon Township via cyberspace.
Be sure to check back here often for important information regarding your community
2013 Board Meeting and Holiday Schedule
- May 29 workshop at the Township Offices, Time TBD
- 2013 Budgets (PDF File)
- 2013 General Appropriations Act
- For an explanation of general fund line items see the Budget Justification (PDF File)
Recently Adopted Ordinance Amendments
The following revisions were introduced for first reading on 12-17-12. They were approved for adoption on 1-7-13.
- Amendments to Litter Ordinance (Effictive 2/12/13)
- Amendments to Trespass Ordinance (Effective 2/12/13)
- Amendments to Damage to property Ordinance (Effective 2/12/13)
- Vacant Property Registration (Effective 1/13/13)
- Amendments to Ordinance #113 (Effective 1/13/13)
Natural Gas Project
Consumers Energy is partnering with Brandon Township on a 3-year construction project to extend natural gas to areas in Brandon Township that are not currently receiving natural gas service. The first Phase of the project has been completed. 403 applications need to be received before Phase II can be released.
Please click on the complete list of addresses to see if your home is included in Phase II of the project.
For more information on Phase II click on make the connection.
- FREE Mosquito Repellent and Dunks now available at the Township Offices
- To learn more about the West Nile Virus click here. (PDF File)
- To protect yourself from West Nile click here. (PDF File)
- Senators Marleau, Kowall and Pappgeorge introduced Bill No. 0052 on January 20, 2011
- Representatives Kowall, Crawford and Jacobsen introduced Bill No. 4037 on January 13, 2011
Both bills have been referred to the transportation committee and would give our township the ability to determine the speed limit on our gravel roads.
To view Senate Bill No. 0052 or House Bill No. 4037, Click HERE and enter 0052 or 4037
- Recyclable items only can be dropped off M-F at the CMI location beginning April 1st
- Non-Recyclable items can be taken to the Township Park on June 15 or August 17
Please call the Supervisor's office for an appointment (248) 627-4918
Click here for details (Word Document)
- View Suggestions (PDF File)
- OTV has MOVED from channel 18 to channel 99
- What is OTV? (Word Doc)
To view the OTV Broadcast Schedule click below:
- Click here for SWINE FLU information (PDF File)