2019 BOARD MEETING AND HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDAS
NEW BUSINESS DOCUMENTS (Not in order of agenda)
*Agendas and documents are subject to change.
2019 MILLAGE RATES
Resumes Requested in Brandon Township for
Part-Time Treasurer’s Office Assistant
Applicants must have excellent bank reconciliation skills, strong mathematical skills, cash handling experience, and provide good customer service via phone or counter. BS&A software knowledge also helpful. Applicants should be willing to be trained in requirements and programs required for the treasurer’s department. Must be able to multi-task, be self-motivated and work well in a small office environment.
Please submit application and resume by December 23rd to:
Brandon Township Treasurer’s Office
PO Box 929
Ortonville, MI 48462
CURRENT ORDINANCE REVISIONS
FULL ORDINANCES ARE AVAILABLE AT TOWNSHIP CLERKS OFFICE
- Chapter 28, Article VII, Sectioin 28-342 Prohibited Activities Involving Marihuana by Persons Under 21 (Effective May 13, 2019)
- Chapter 28, Article III, Section 28-52 Stalking and Harassment; Misdemeanor (Effective April 9, 2019)
- Chapter 28, Article VIII, Section 28-491 Tobacco and Vapor Products (Effective 9, 2019)
2019 BRANDON TOWNSHIP OPERATING BUDGETS & APPROPRIATIONS
2020 CENSUS JOBS
The United States Census Bureau is recruiting assistants. If you would like to be part of the 2020 census team go to 2020census.gov/jobs or call 1-855-job-2020.
DO YOU HAVE INVASIVE PLANTS IN YOUR YARD?
Brandon Township is a member of the Oakland County Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area. The OC CISMA received grant funding in 2015 to treat Phragmites, swallow wort and knotweed on public and private property. Grant funding in 2018 was used primarily for a CISMA coordinator and mapping invasive plants throughout Oakland County. Phragmites are prevalent in Brandon Township. Please see the flyer on Small Scale Phragmites Control for more information Front | Back.
Asian Bittersweet is another invasive plant found in Brandon Township. Information on identification and treatment of Asian (Oriental) Bittersweet can be found on the Asian Bittersweet brochure. Click here for more information
If you would like a free estimate for phragmites treatment contact Cardno (616) 847-1680 or PLM (800) 382-4434. Follow the link below for Cardno's form:
Brandon Township’s Assessing Department is conducting a review of the assessment data. The process begins by reviewing aerial photography, property photos and assessment records. In order to maintain accuracy, the next step in the process is an on-site property visit. During the visit, the assessing department will announce their presence, take photographs, update sketches and spot check measurements if needed. No attempt will be made to enter your residence.
BRANDON TOWNSHIP FOIA POLICY
ASSISTANCE RESOURCE LIST
- Contact information for agencies offering help to those in need can be found here.
- Assistance for farming operation improvements is available through the Natural Resources Conservation Service; Please Please contact Patrick Costello, Oakland Conservation District for more information, (248) 922-7822.
Why are our ROADS not maintained like they used to be? Refer to: A Guide to Michigan's Road & Road Funding Crisis
WORRIED ABOUT LOSING YOUR HOME?
Southeast Michigan Regional FINSC may be able to help, call 1-800-522-1183
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT CENTER – Oakland County is offering free and confidential financial counseling. For an appointment call (248) 858-0624.
The Michigan State Dog law was passed in 1919 to ensure that all dogs have current rabies vaccinations. Oakland County Animal Control conducts a census each summer to make sure dogs residing in our community are compliant. Dog tags purchased after June 1st are considered delinquent. Please refer to the Treasurer's page for more information on purchasing dog licenses for your pet.
2019 CLEAN-UP AND RECYCLING
Brandon Township offers two Clean-Up Days for Brandon Township Residents usually in the months of June and August. The collections take place at the Brandon Township Community Park parking lot located at 1414 North Hadley Road just north of Oakwood Road. Please call for an appointment prior to the event. Residents may also take recyclable items (wood, metal, cement) to the CMI Drive location in Groveland Township after April 1st. They are open Monday thru Friday and on Saturdays in the summer months. All collections are fee free and require an appointment. Appointments can be made by calling the Brandon Township Supervisor’s office at (248) 627-4918. For a complete list of acceptable items click HERE.
HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL
- Do you have hazardous waste? View Suggestions
- NOHAZ - Brandon Township participated in the 2019 Oakland County NOHAZ program. Residents were charged a collection fee of $10.00/load. For a complete list of acceptable materials please see the 2019 NOHAZ Brochure. Brandon Township will not be participating in the 2020 NOHAZ program. However, residents will be aloud to attend those collections at $60/load.
- OTV has MOVED from channel 99 to channel 189
- What is OTV?
- If you are looking for the latest viewing on OTV Channel 189, then consider ortonvilletelevision.com for a live internet stream of the local broadcast or check out the newest videos from sports, government and community celebration in the OTV archive section of the website.
- For a complete listing of programs....make it OTV now on ortonvilletelevision.com
Please direct citizen's questions and comments about OTV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oak Wilt infection rates are increasing at alarming rates. To prevent Oak Wilt do not prune Oak Trees during the warmer months of the year. For more information on Oak Wilt and its prevention visit http://www.michiganoakwilt.org/
EMERALD ASH BORER
For more information on the Emerald Ash Borer and what homeowners can do with dying ash trees visit: http://www.emeraldashborer.info/.