The Township Treasurer collects and distributes your property tax bill to the following entities:
- State of Michigan
- County of Oakland
- Oakland Community College
- Oakland County Schools
- School Districts of Brandon and Oxford
- Brandon Township, Police, Fire Operating, Fire Equipment and House, Library Operating, DDA, and all special assessments
Duties of the Treasurer’s Office:
- Receive, receipt, and deposit all monies due to the Township.
- Invest all monies to meet the cash flow needs of the Township.
- Administer and collect all special assessments.
- Produce, mail, and collect all summer and winter taxes.
- Transfer monies and sign all Township payroll and accounts payable checks.
- Reconciliation of all Township bank accounts.
- Management of payroll and accounts payable accounts, for cash flow.
- Maintain records of all money that is disbursed, and records of all investments with rates, locations, and due dates.
- Petty Cash management.
- Sale of Dog Licenses.
- One of seven voting members of the Township Board.