2018 BOARD MEETING AND HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDAS
NEW BUSINESS DOCUMENTS
*Agendas and documents are subject to change.
CURRENT ORDINANCE REVISION
FULL ORDINANCES ARE AVAILABLE AT TOWNSHIP CLERKS OFFICE
- Chapter 46 Sec. 304 (11) to increase pathways to be a minimum of 8 ft. in width and constructed of approved hard surface. (Effective October 8, 2018)
- Chapter 46, Article III, Section 46-204 (b) (3) Rural Estate District, permitted use to amend Adult foster care family homes, foster family group homes and family child care homes, licensed by the state. (Effective October 29, 2018)
- Chapter 46, Article III, Section 46-204 (c) (2) Rural Estate District, special uses revise this section by adding certain listed restrictions as defined for adult foster care.(Effective October 29, 2018)
- Chapter 46, Article III., Section 46-205 (b) (2) Single Family (R-1A & R-1B), permitted use to read adult foster care small group homes for fewer than 7 residents, foster family group homes for fewer than 7 residents and family child care homes. (Effective October 29, 2018)
- Chapter 46, Article III, Section 46-205 (c) (2) Single Family (R-1A & R-1B), special uses, to revise this section by adding certain listed restrictions as defined for adult foster care. (Effective October 29, 2018)
- Chapter 10, Article IV, Section 10-85 Building and Building Regulations to specify procedure for alternative enforcement of violations of dangerous buildings. (Effective November 19, 2018)
- Chapter 46, Article III., Section 46-206 (c) (1) Multiple-Family to read Convalescent and/or nursing homes, and state licensed Adult Foster Care homes approved for thirteen or more residents. (Effective December 17, 2018)
2018 BRANDON TOWNSHIP OPERATING BUDGETS & APPROPRIATIONS
2020 CENSUS JOBS
The United States Census Bureau is recruiting assistants. If you would like to be part of the 2020 census team go to 2020census.gov/jobs or call 1-855-job-2020.
DO YOU HAVE INVASIVE PLANTS IN YOUR YARD?
Brandon Township is a member of the Oakland County Cooperative Invasive Species Management Area. The OC CISMA received grant funding in 2015 to treat Phragmites, swallow wort and knotweed on public and private property. Grant funding in 2018 will be used primarily for a CISMA coordinator and mapping invasive plants throughout Oakland County. Phragmites are prevalent in Brandon Township. Please see the flyer on Small Scale Phragmites Control for more information Front | Back.
Asian Bittersweet is another invasive plant found in Brandon Township. Information on identification and treatment of Asian (Oriental) Bittersweet can be found on the Asian Bittersweet brochure. Click here for more information
Brandon Township’s Assessing Department is conducting a review of the assessment data. The process begins by reviewing aerial photography, property photos and assessment records. In order to maintain accuracy, the next step in the process is an on-site property visit. During the visit, the assessing department will announce their presence, take photographs, update sketches and spot check measurements if needed. No attempt will be made to enter your residence.
BRANDON TOWNSHIP FOIA POLICY
ASSISTANCE RESOURCE LIST
- Contact information for agencies offering help to those in need can be found here.
- Assistance for farming operation improvements is available through the Natural Resources Conservation Service; Please Please contact Patrick Costello, Oakland Conservation District for more information, (248) 922-7822.
Why are our ROADS not maintained like they used to be? Refer to: A Guide to Michigan's Road & Road Funding Crisis.
SPEED LIMITS ON TOWNSHIP ROADS
HB 4423 has been signed into law. It allows speed limits on gravel roads to be set at 45 miles per hour in a county such as Oakland that has a population of one million or more. Speed limits can be posted lower than 45 mph if a speed study supports the reduction. Municipalities will be responsible for paying for the required signage.
WORRIED ABOUT LOSING YOUR HOME?
Southeast Michigan Regional FINSC may be able to help, call 1-800-522-1183
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT CENTER – Oakland County is offering free and confidential financial counseling. For an appointment call (248) 858-0624.
The Michigan State Dog law was passed in 1919 to ensure that all dogs have current rabies vaccinations. Oakland County Animal Control conducts a census each summer to make sure dogs residing in our community are compliant. Dog tags purchased after June 1st are considered delinquent. Please refer to the Treasurer's page for more information on purchasing dog licenses for your pet.
2018 CLEAN-UP AND RECYCLING
The 2018 Clean-Up Days for Brandon Township Residents are scheduled for June 16th and August 25th. The collections will take place in the Brandon Township Community Park parking lot located at 1414 North Hadley Road just north of Oakwood Road. Please call for an appointment prior to the event. Residents may also take recyclable items (wood, metal, cement) to the CMI Drive location in Groveland Township after April 1st. They are open Monday thru Friday and on Saturdays in the summer months. All collections are fee free and require an appointment. Appointments can be made by calling the Brandon Township Supervisor’s office at (248) 627-4918. For a complete list of acceptable items click HERE.
HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL
- View Suggestions
- NO HAZ - Brandon Township is not participating in the Oakland County NO HAZ program this year but residents can still attend the collection events for $50.00/load. Collection dates are as follows:
SATURDAY, JUNE 23
2200 N. Squirrel Road, Rochester*
NOTE –Walton Blvd. will be under construction between Adams and Squirrel Roads
SATURDAY, JULY 28
North Sashabaw Elementary School
5290 Maybee Road, Clarkston
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
Oakland County Service Center Campus
1200 N. Telegraph Road, Pontiac*
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13
Oakland Community College, Highland Lakes Campus
7350 Cooley Lake Road, Waterford
(Enter from Hospital Road)
ARE YOU BEING ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE?
HRC has compiled a list of ways to conserve energy. View GREEN TIPS.
- OTV has MOVED from channel 99 to channel 189
- What is OTV?
- If you are looking for the latest viewing on OTV Channel 189, then consider ortonvilletelevision.com for a live internet stream of the local broadcast or check out the newest videos from sports, government and community celebration in the OTV archive section of the website.
- For a complete listing of programs....make it OTV now on ortonvilletelevision.com
Please direct citizen's questions and comments about OTV to: email@example.com
Oak Wilt infection rates are increasing at alarming rates. To prevent Oak Wilt do not prune Oak Trees during the warmer months of the year. For more information on Oak Wilt and its prevention visit http://www.michiganoakwilt.org/
EMERALD ASH BORER
For more information on the Emerald Ash Borer and what homeowners can do with dying ash trees visit: http://www.emeraldashborer.info/.